Join me in this podcast with Wes Green, a dear friend and neighbor of ours here in South Carolina, as we discuss homesteading, horses and dreams.
About Wes Green
Wes was raised on his grandfather's farm and had a rich history in homesteading, farming and ranching. He participated in FFA in high school and, as a child, the epitome of what a man is was a cowboy.
After walking away from the homesteading lifestyle for nearly 20 years, Wes and his family purchased 30 acres in South Carolina. He and his family are recent homesteaders who purchased their land and are now raising various breeds of chickens, rabbits, and quail.
He and his wife adopted a child, and they had to stay for three years in-country, in order to allow the adoption process to go through. During that time, Wes' wife wrote the book, A Road in the Depths of the Sea.
Today, he and Jeremiah are also raising cattle together on our farm.
In This Episode
- There's a lot that goes into making a dream a reality.
- Why relationships and community are so crucial to the homesteading lifestyle.
- The journey of transforming land into a homestead.
- The Marvelous Pigness of Pigs by Joel Salatin
- Allowing our animals to behave the way they were created to.
- How Wes used resources from his land to pay for their house remodel.
- Dreaming of owning horses.
- If we can be brave enough to want something and patient enough to wait for it, eventually, we can have it because that's the nature of God.
- Will we trust God for over 20 years to deliver that dream?
More Posts You May Enjoy
- The Brand New Roots & Refuge Podcast
- Social Media and the Modern Homesteader
- Our Five Year Vision
- Mistakes We Made
- Answering Your Questions – The Homestead Edition
- Changing the Small Things: An Intro to Permaculture
- Content Creation and Business
- The Importance of Community Sufficiency
- Answering Your Questions: The Gardening Edition
- What is a Hometeader?
- Answering Your Questions: Home Life & Relationships